Nitrogen & Agriculture
This interactive site explores the importance of nitrogen for plant, animal, and soil health. Students are able to build amino acid and fertilizer molecules and calculate molecular weight in relation to nitrogen content.
New Mexico State University and USDA
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Concentrate on the Solution
- Matter of Fact
- In Search of Essential Nutrients (Grades 6-8)
- Plant Growth Affects the Soil
- Know Your Nitrogen
- Journey 2050 Lesson 2: Plant Health (Grades 6-8)
- Journey 2050 Lesson 2: Plant Health (Grades 9-12)
- Plant Nutrient Deficiencies (Grades 9-12)
- Plant Nutrient Deficiencies (Grades 6-8)
- Can We Have Too Much of a Good Thing?